The world is now shifting online, through websites. There’s a website for everyone and everything. Needless to say, the people who make these websites are in high demand. And their demand is not going anywhere anytime soon unless someone shuts down the web. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics in its current Occupational Outlook Handbook states that employment for web developers, included in the larger category of web designers, is projected to grow 13 percent through 2026, which is much faster than average for all occupations.
So, what is website development?
Web development is the process of building and maintaining websites. It is the background work that goes into making a website look beautiful, work fast and create the best User Experience.
What do web developers do?
Web developers design and create websites, along with taking care of the technical aspects of a website, like its capacity to handle traffic, performance, etc. Or as OpenClassrooms states, “Web developers are like magic little elves – you never see them, but they make absolutely everything look nice and work quickly and efficiently.”
Why learn website development?
- E-resume: Students can increase their chances of being hired during placements by presenting an e-resume or their personal website instead of giving a simple resume printed on an A4 paper. Also, it wouldn’t hurt to be a little environment-friendly now, would it?
- Personal Branding. Having your personal website and a digital presence that can help you improve your personal branding and mark your presence on the web.
- Become an entrepreneur. You can become an entrepreneur simply by building your website to showcase and even sell your products and services. Expand your reach and connect with people around the world.
- Freelance! Once you’ve learned website development, you can take website building and designing projects for various clients and establish an alternate income stream while making your name in the industry.
- No extravagant workspaces required. A web developer can work from practically anywhere. A cafe, a park, your backyard or even on top of a mountain – as long as you have an internet connection and a laptop, you’re all set. Say goodbye to those corporate cubicles that restrict your creativity and passion.
- Be creative. Web development allows you to express yourself. Start a blog, share your thoughts and opinions, unleash your creative juices all by developing websites. You can even earn money through affiliate marketing, brand deals or placing ads on the websites.
- Job market. The web is growing exponentially every day, thus increasing the job market for web developers. There isn’t still enough quality supply to meet the demand of web developers.
- Pays well. Website developers are a scarce resource and thus have a high demand. Employers always prefer people who have a good set of technical and soft skills.
- Easy to learn. No algebra, geometry, and calculations involved, no long tedious lines of programming code. Can’t get any easier than this now, can it?
And the best part is, you can do all this, without writing a single line of code! Visit our page Website Workshop to know more.
STATISTICS SOURCE: https://www.allartschools.com/web-design/web-design-jobs-five-reasons/